* * * * * * * * * Online Fan Club * * * * * * * * *

This is an official online fan club endorsed by romance and erotica author Barbara Elsborg.
If you're already familiar with Ms. Elsborg's work, welcome.
If you're just now discovering this talented new voice, we're glad you're here.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Letter From a Lucy Fan

We get the nicest letters!  This one is from Donna S. Frelick, a writer of science fiction romance and author of fan fiction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barbara, I just wanted to thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable read in LUCY IN THE SKY. The irrepressible Lucy was one of the most engaging heroines I've encountered in a work of fiction of any kind in quite a while. To find her in a work of erotica was a great surprise.
Maybe I've chosen badly, but most of the erotica I've read spends little time on character development, world building, humor or plot. With LUCY IN THE SKY, you've done a great job with all of these (AND the sex is hot!). Lucy is a wonderful character, but she's not the only one. The sexy, but confused, Three, the besotted Hyll and the lovable B's of all stripes (ha!) are all finely drawn. And the plot brings them all together in a way that makes sense without being heavy-handed.

I only have one small complaint/suggestion. I bought LUCY as an ebook from Amazon and didn't get that amazing cover. Do you have posters available? I'd pay--lots!

Donna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Donna!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Donna. I really appreciate the comments. No posters sadly! Sometimes I get cover flats but I only have them for the first two books. If I attend a conference Ellora's Cave would produce more but I'm not going to RT this year.

    ReplyDelete